Government Funds Manufacturing Research In Drive For Future Growth
Currently the parliamentary information office annual parliamentary news item on the importance of manufacturing to the key features in the next version for the UK economy is to rise
• 170 million pound package to sharpen the competitive edge of the UK
• To promote careers in the industry in the next step
World class manufacturing to remain at the forefront of the UK's £ 170 million of a potential boost today received more than as Government drives future growth to a package.
A high value manufacturing technology and innovation centre £ 140 million over a six-year period will be open for business.
Seven research and technology features from across the nation have formed a continuous manufacturing revival commercializing science.-ideas from the drawing board to help make them real products to help out by taking.
Technology strategy Board (approximately £ 18 million of a contest, TS technology driven innovation, such as new discoveries and breakthroughs will drive product, driven by advanced materials, biosciences and fund nanoscale technologies.
Low emission vehicles (OLEV) TSB and Office to invest £ 15 million for a research and development of low-carbon vehicles competition underway.
Manufacturers build the skills they advanced to the forefront of the need to ensure access to; the Government has introduced new initiatives: manufacturing in the automotive sector. Piloted by businesses. Approximately 100 events between 10-21 Octobers in the UK are being held in the corporate area students and young people to change the perception of careers to help the next generation of engineers and technicians and attracting opened its doors to. Stage kick-off campaign's latest Vauxhall plant in Luton, Vince cable.
Business Secretary Vince cable said:
"Economic growth and manufacturing economies, especially exports and productivity play an important role in driving the rebalancing.
"The Government has to fit a modern industrial strategy to build support through the 21st century we manufacture companies and regional development funds and other schemes directly through their supply chains are helping and promoting strong businesses via apprenticeship and technology to support our commitments to build.
"We will raise the profile of these manufacturing and engineering positions and seek work on challenging perceptions.
"But we know that there is always more than we produce over the next few weeks set out further proposals to support."
Iain gray, the technology strategy Board's Chief Executive Officer said:
"Manufacturing technology strategy board with a technology and Innovation Centre supports a priority sector. the British some of the world's best manufacturing businesses and industry accounts for 12 percent of gross domestic product, almost half of exports and employs 2.5 million people in Britain in 2010. Remain on the leading edge of new manufacturing technologies and to create and protect jobs will help UK businesses "Long into the future.
High value manufacturing technology and innovation centre has set up seven regional facilities across the country. These are:
• Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (part of the Rotherham, Sheffield University)
• Nuclear advanced manufacturing Research Centre (Rotherham)
• Manufacturing Technology Centre (Coventry)
• Formation of Advanced Research Center (Strathclyde)
• The national composite Center (University of Bristol)
• Process innovation Center for Wilton (Sedgefield)
• Warwick manufacturing group (Warwick University).
They re-emerging nuclear industry, precision aircraft components manufacturing and sustainable feedstocks from biochemical processes in areas such as research and development support.
1 high value manufacturing technology and Innovation Center closely new and emerging manufacturing technologies accelerate the commercialization and UK industry future competitive advantage will position for nine recently established engineering and physical Sciences Research Council centers, will work with.
2. the technology strategy Board will oversee technology and innovation centers is already open, and high-value manufacturing and offshore renewable energy Center for cell therapy has also been declared the Government current spending review is over a period of at least four years. £ 140 million to 200 million pounds to commit high-value manufacturing technology and allocated to figure Innovation Center includes six years The current spending review extends beyond.
3 R & D competitions are £ 15 million from the TSB and Scottish Executive £ 2.75 million funded by.
4. £ 1.5 million low-carbon vehicles competition is being funded by the TSB